Last updated April 14, 2020
In general, we collect personal information that you may disclose to us voluntarily through a contact form or direct email sent to one of our staff or other general email. That information depends on the context of your interactions with us and can include the following:
Along with publicly available information we may collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; email addresses; phone numbers; and other similar data. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Additionally, some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Cookies and similar technologies
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies that may include device and application information; tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; and other similar data. Such technologies may be used to access and store information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
For areas where the website allows comments to be posted, when visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Generally, we use your information for purposes for reasonable and legitimate business interests, to communicate with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We may use the information we collect or receive, now or in the future:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see “YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Your information will only be shared with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Spam Detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Currently, Google Maps is used to provide a map of our location and a means to determine driving directions to our office. Visit the Google Maps website for more information about their terms and policies. Use of the map(s) on our website constitutes your agreement with Google’s Terms of Service.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
In general, we keep personal information as long as needed for the purposes of providing you services unless the law requires a longer retention period. When information is no longer needed, it will either be deleted or stored securely until such time that it can be deleted.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The target audience of this website is adults 18 and over. As such, we do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Contact us if you have any concerns that data from a minor may have inadvertently been collected.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have complete control of your privacy. Any accounts that you may create on this website may be reviewed, changed or deleted at your request. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To make requests related to your data, use the CONTACT section below. We will respond within 30 days.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and have concerns about the use of your information, you may contact your local representative here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you prefer, you can set your browser to remove existing and/or reject future cookies or to activate any included Do Not Track feature. Doing this could negatively affect the performance of this website. Currently, without an industry standard for recognizing do-not-track signals, we are unable to respond to those browser settings. If/when a standard is developed, we will update this policy as needed. If this website includes advertisements now or in the future, advertising opt-out information can be found here http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
If we suspect that a privacy breach has occurred (unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information), we will investigate the matter with the goal of notifying the appropriate authorities within 72 hours. You will be notified about any breach that is likely to put you at risk or serious harm (ie. financial, mental or physical).
SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
Some states may have specific rights related to the collection and use of personal information. Please refer to your local code and representative organizations to learn more about those specific rights. If you have any questions, please contact us.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us at [email protected] or by mail.
LandPlan Consultants, Inc.
1110 West 23rd Street
Tulsa, OK 74107